Mal etwas Geschichtsunterricht für unsere jüngeren Leser: ganz knapp vor den 3D Ego Shootern gab es eine andere Kategorie Spiele, die uns in unserer Jugend dazu gebracht hat, Nachmittags freiwillig wieder zurück (!) in die Schule zu gehen um dort die wenigen Apple ][ Rechner zu belagern:
“An all-new version of classic gaming device the ZX Spectrum is being readied for release.
The hardware is reportedly being created by games developer Elite Systems Ltd, which was originally founded in England back in 1984.
Although few details are known about the new Spectrum, The Telegraph reports that it will be a bluetooth keyboard designed to look and feel like the original – suggesing you’re going to be able to plug it into your telly and play immediately.”
Not sure about the bluetooth part, but I can’t wait to hear more details. While the iPhone Emulator and especially the iPad HD version rock a dedicated piece of hardware would be nicer…
“The media and consumer reaction to the announcement, in late September, of Apple’s approval of ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection has been extensive and enthusiastic. Our concerns now are to ensure that both groups understand that Vol. #1 of the App is a work-in-progress, a rough diamond if you like and that we’re committed to developing the App (eliminating some of its more obvious shortcomings and adding new features) over the weeks and months ahead. Our commitments include:
– the App will always be priced at £0.59 (Euro0.79, US$0.99)
– 6 more games in a free update (Vol. #2), within a month, taking the number included to 12
– a further free update (Vol. #3), within a further month, including an in-App ‘shop’.
This inaugural volume includes:
– Turbo Esprit #3 on top 100 best games, voted for by visitors to World of Spectrum
– Saboteur #10 on top 100 best games, voted for by visitors to World of Spectrum
– Chuckie Egg the classic, developed by Nigel Alderton
– Harrier Attack inspired by the conflict in the South Atlantic
– Frank Bruno’s Boxing the UK #1 Best-Seller
– Buggy Boy the arcade original driving game
Features of this inaugural volume:
– 100% original ZX Spectrum games
– for each of the 6 games
o game-specific play controls
o extensive playing instructions
– option of portrait or (full-screen) landscape play / display modes
– authentic ‘Spectrum’ sound
– wikipedia.org link to ‘ZX Spectrum’ “