in Apple

What’s on all those iPods?

Boing Boing reports on a GearLive entry talking about the number of iTunes Music Store songs per iPod.

Which happens to be 21. Half of 42. Coincidence? I don’t think so.

But I disgress.

Andru Edwards of GearLive hints that the music coming from peoples ripped CDs is similarily small. That is like saying Michael Jackson is not innocent even through he couldn’t be proven guilty. That’s just what the music industry is trying to throw at us. Thank you very much.

I’ve got roughly 900 CDs that I bought, which is really enough to fill my iPod. Must iPod owners are music enthusiasts, so they’re likely to own a fair bit of music on CDs before they’ll go digital.

No need to fuel the RIAA fire.

Leave a Reply

  1. From the 3000 songs on my iPod Photo none have been bought on iTunes. 90% is my own CD’s put on the iPod and the other 10% from friends. With most of my friends it is the same situation – why carry 100 CD’s around if you can have your iPod with you.
    I am also likely to buy new CD and rip them to my iPod.

  2. From the 3000 songs on my iPod Photo none have been bought on iTunes. 90% is my own CD's put on the iPod and the other 10% from friends. With most of my friends it is the same situation – why carry 100 CD's around if you can have your iPod with you.
    I am also likely to buy new CD and rip them to my iPod.

  3. 0% iTunes

    10% audiobooks (also purchased, then ripped)

    15% podcasts

    75% From the $15000+ worth of music I purchased *on CD* (not counting all the cassettes and vinyl) since 1990. I don’t remember hearing the music companies complaining about all of that money coming in.

  4. 0% iTunes

    10% audiobooks (also purchased, then ripped)

    15% podcasts

    75% From the $15000+ worth of music I purchased *on CD* (not counting all the cassettes and vinyl) since 1990. I don't remember hearing the music companies complaining about all of that money coming in.

  5. This shit really pisses me off. Because I bought 21 iTunes songs, the other 3000 in my iPod are pirated? What kind of half-wits believe this shit?

    I own 300+ CD’s, most of which were purcashed before I bought my iPod. Do THAT math, you RIAA fuck-wits.

    THIS is why I no longer buy corporate music.

  6. This shit really pisses me off. Because I bought 21 iTunes songs, the other 3000 in my iPod are pirated? What kind of half-wits believe this shit?

    I own 300+ CD's, most of which were purcashed before I bought my iPod. Do THAT math, you RIAA fuck-wits.

    THIS is why I no longer buy corporate music.

Webmentions

  • DeveloperZen.com June 15, 2005

    [IMG] Constant Bearing, Decreasing Range [IMG] Doing My Little Part- Weblog of Mark Finnern [IMG] Software Alphabet Soup [IMG] The Village View [IMG] theotherthomasotter [IMG] Venture Chronicles [IMG] http://www.gadgetguy.de – The GadgetGuy [IMG] Yet Another Software Blog

  • DeveloperZen.com June 15, 2005

    [IMG] Constant Bearing, Decreasing Range [IMG] Doing My Little Part- Weblog of Mark Finnern [IMG] Software Alphabet Soup [IMG] The Village View [IMG] theotherthomasotter [IMG] Venture Chronicles [IMG] http://www.gadgetguy.de – The GadgetGuy [IMG] Yet Another Software Blog

  • Welcome to www.ekampf.com June 15, 2005

    [IMG] Constant Bearing, Decreasing Range [IMG] Doing My Little Part- Weblog of Mark Finnern [IMG] Software Alphabet Soup [IMG] The Village View [IMG] theotherthomasotter [IMG] Venture Chronicles [IMG] http://www.gadgetguy.de – The GadgetGuy [IMG] Yet Another Software Blog