Ok – it’s here. Finally.
Now that we’re going from fantasy to reality, we’ll see how well it does in the real world. I’m not saying it won’t, in fact I’m pretty sure it will – but it’s nice to get away from speculation at last.
Here’s my prediction for the next 4 to 6 weeks:
- We’ll see quite some bugs or functionality gaps coming up
- We’ll see lots of cool hacks making stuff possible that wasn’t supposed to be
- There’ll be a major firmware update to address the two items above
- The iPhone gets quite hot
- TV presenter can’t answer a call – Youtube video
- Default font size in Safari too small for elderly people (sorry Dave ;) )
- Quite a lot of people report issues with activation. I also heard people surprised about locking a phone to a specific SIM. In germany, this happens a lot with pay-as-you-go phones. The interesting thing here is that is seems to happen during the activation process.
- iPhone battery life not so good
- Gizmodo no-bs iPhone review
- tuaw.com iPhone gripes
- iPhone disassembly (gives me physical pain to watch this…)
- iTunes may be able to convert songs to ringtones
- Unlock your iPhone
- iPhone firmware available for download
- iPhone activation process hacked
- iPhone interactive shell
Got any more I should be adding? Let me know.