“Security and Risk
17. No abatement of IT security threats
18. Security concerns turn users away from Windows
19. Security morphs into risk management
20. Compliance achieves what government intended
21. Compliance spurs financial process improvement”
This totally reflects what I see happening in my job as a security consultant, especially regarding the last 3 items. While lots of the work is forced on the clients by regulators or auditors, more and more they’re seeing the benefits.
Also, risk management means the processes are getting more important than the tools. Companies are starting to grasp that there’s more to risk management than firewalls and virus scanners.
That’s a good thing.