(If this doesn’t make you think of Robin Williams you’re way younger than I am ;) )
OK, so I got the Nano on Friday, which really surprised me – after all the store said “4 to 5 days”, so that was a very pleasant surprise (minus the usual hassle of trying to get the parcel service not to come when I’m at work, which only took two calls this time. Can’t you just use normal mail where I can pick the parcel up at the local post office???).
I was thinking of taking pictures of the package, the wrapping and everything, but the net is full of them anyway, and I don’t think I could do that better…
My impressions so far:
- It’s TINY. A lot smaller than I thought from the pictures. About the size of two iPod Shuffle next to each other
- It’s BEAUTIFUL. But I guess that’s obvious.
- It’s FAST – that’s where flash memory shines over those hard drives
- I LOVE the color screen – that was my main reason to get it, the fonts are just a lot nicer than on the Mini. The pictures look beautiful as well.
- Windows integration is fine – you can pick a pictures folder to sync to the Nano, which works fine for me (I have a folder with favourite pictures to feed to my screen saver).
- I really would like Outlook sync to work. Can you fix that fast, please??
- The headphones connector is at the bottom, next to the dock connector. That actually works better when before when you carry the Nano in your shirt pocket, but removing the dock connector is not possible when the headphones are plugged in. A mini USB connector would be preferrable, IMHO.
- I need a bag. I don’t want it to get scratched.
- The lanyard headphones look nice. But will they prevent the Nano from falling off the lanyard? Probably there’s somebody working on a similar thing as the Artwizz HangPhones.
All in all, I’m really happy with the iPod Nano. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a small player with excellent iTunes integration.