The curtain has been lifted – Handspring has announced details on their last product before the merger with Palm, the Treo 600.
- A great everyday mobile phone—designed with the smaller, narrower look and feel of a mobile phone
- Fast Palm OS 5 organizer running on an ARM processor
- Fully-integrated QWERTY keyboard—optimized for this amazingly compact device—makes dialing the phone or typing email and messages easier than ever
- Built-in digital camera so you can take and send pictures in an instant or connect a face to a phone number with picture caller ID
- Built-in SD/MMC expansion slot for adding memory, content or hardware (supports SD I/O)
- Five-way navigation for optimal one-handed use
- Improved battery life for longer talk time and standby time
- Bright color display that provides great readability both indoors and out
These new Treo 600 smartphones will be priced at a premium compared to the current Treo line, and are expected to begin shipping late this fall. Handspring plans to offer a special upgrade program for existing Treo owners.
There is also a video on the site showing more details.