Here is an interview that a german magazine did with Bill Gates. And yes, it’s real. That explains a lot…
- Bug reports are statistically, therefore actually, unimportant;
- If you want a bug fixed, you are (by definition) in the minority;
- Microsoft doesn’t care about bugs because bug fixes are not a significant source of revenue;
- If you think you found a bug, it really only means you’re incompetent;
- Anyway, people only complain about bugs to show how cool they are, not because bugs cause any real problems.